Villa Pooja Kanda
About The Space
Let's Get You Booked In
Situated majestically on a hill bathed in vegetation, Villa Pooja Kanda is a tranquil five-bedroom villa just ten minutes’ inland from the beach at Habaraduwa on Sri Lanka’s south coast, close to historic Galle.
Wide verandas, cool wraparound balconies, arched doorways and lofty beamed ceilings characterise this serene Dutch-colonial style villa that’s perfect for groups and families looking to connect and unwind. Villa Pooja Kanda’s tranquility is further enhanced by a garden enlivened by birdsong, squirrels and inquisitive monkeys. The villa is fully staffed and comes with a swimming pool, an air-conditioned TV room and a fully equipped kitchen.
- Living room with multiple sets of elegant arched doorways spilling onto the front veranda, furnished with sofa, day beds and table with four chairs
- Fan-cooled dining room with wooden dinning table for eight
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Air conditioned TV room with built in sofas and 42-inch Satellite TV
- Swimming pool (10 x 7m) fringed by lush foliage, veranda and deck chairs - Al fresco, glass-topped dining table for six on back veranda
- Billowing gardens filled with frolicking monkeys and birdsong
- Small outdoor dining table in verdant jungle setting
- Stone steps leading to a high rocky outcrop with built-in seat
- Wide, pillared verandas encircling both floors of the villa
Pooja Kanda sits on the top of a hill near Koggala and the south-coast market town of Habaraduwa, ten minutes' inland from the beach. Famous for accommodating the celebrated Sri Lankan author, Martin Wickramasinghe (who has an interesting museum dedicated to him in town), Koggala has a fine stretch of beach and is renowned for its enchanting lagoon. Here, rich jungle spills onto a meandering expense of water traversed by fishermen leaving nothing but soft ripples in their wake. A boat ride to spice gardens, bird-filled islands and Buddhist temples is the best way to familiarise yourself with these sensational surroundings and be absorbed by local life around the lake.
- Located on ground floor
- This room is interconnected to Bedroom 2, making these rooms an ideal family suite - Super king-size bed draped in mosquito netting
- Lush garden views
- Furnished with wardrobe and sofa
- Ensuite with hot water shower and bathtub
- Air conditioned
- Located on ground floor adjacent to master bedroom - Kind-size four-poster bed draped in mosquito netting - Lush garden views
- Air conditioned
- Ensuite bathroom with hot water shower
FIRST FLOOR BEDROOMS
- Three air conditioned bedrooms are located on the first floor - Four-poster beds
- Encircled by shady balcony
- Light and airy with arched doors framing serene garden views - Air conditioned
- With twin sinks and hot water showers
• Daily breakfast
• Welcome drink and fruit basket
• Taxes and service charges are included in the rate
• Personal service by the villa staff including full time manager, housekeeper, cooks, security • Exclusive use of the whole villa and listed facilities
Chef/Cook (All meals)
Housekeeping (Full time)
Manager (Restricted hrs)
Like what you see - Interested to know more?
Keen to find out some additional information regarding this villa?
No worries, just pop your email and question into the box on the right - one of our friendly team members will reply within the hour!